Mobile technology of transloading bulk cargoes
In most cases, the technology of loading into railroad cars supposes elevators as stationary transloading points. Having its own elevator is one thing, but shipments through «other» elevators owned by third-party companies is quite the opposite.
Liliany Company offers mobile technologies of transloading grain and other bulk cargoes which can be implemented by the line of special machinery developed and launched into serial production. These technologies help railroad cars to be loaded in almost every dead-end siding.
There are several options to organize the process of transloading:
- Transloading by special varieties of grain transfer trailers – hoppers.
In this case, a grain transfer trailer is loaded with grain directly at a warehouse, then transports grain to a railroad car and transloads grain into it. A grain transfer trailer with the capacity of 25 tons can be unloaded in less than 8 minutes. Considering the continuous delivery of grain, such technology allows to have 4 cars loaded in an hour.
- Transloading by a mobile dump pit MDP.
In this event, grain is delivered to railroad cars by transportation vehicles. Then it is unloaded to a mobile dump pit, and it in its turn transloads the bulk cargo into a railroad car. This method allows to have 3.5 cars loaded in an hour. A mobile dump pit can move alongside rails, and it is quite convenient, because of no need to move the entire train.
A mobile dump pit allows to organize a grain transloading point almost in every place.
The complex application of technologies of grain transloading and grain storage in plastic bags can resolve the whole range of tasks in different directions of agricultural business:
- For processing companies (animal feed mills, flour mills, alcohol plants, oil crushing plants) – making raw batches of grain and oil crops in the regions of their production, direct shipments through the nearest railroad lines.
- For grain traders – making batches of goods and direct shipments to buyers.
- For elevators –increasing the productivity of the railroad transloading and storage volumes.
- For grain manufacturers – preservation of the raised harvest and direct shipments to buyers.
- For pig farming companies and poultry farming companies – making feeding batches of grain and oil crops in the regions of their production, direct shipments through the nearest railroad lines.
Cross-use of technologies provides for both strategic advantages (independence from elevators and carriers) and economic advantages (significant reduction of investment and operational costs).